What are you reading and sharing about Christian nationalism?
From Our Courses
In her fall 2020 Faith+Lead course, author and pastor Angela Denker provided this resource list:
- White Too Long: The Legacy of White Supremacy in American Christianity by Robert P. Jones
- Taking America Back for God: Christian Nationalism in the United States by Andrew Whitehead and Samuel Perry
- White Christian Grapple with Their Faith’s Racist Past – and Present, National Public Radio panel discussion with Angela Denker and Robert Jones.
The Rev. Dr. Fatimah Salleh in her Spit and Mud anti-racism course recommended to her students:
- After Whiteness: An Education in Belonging by Willie James Jennings
- Dear Church: A Love Letter from a Black Preacher to the Whitest Denomination in the US by Lenny Duncan
From Our Team
Members of the Faith+Lead team also recommend these resources:
- A Christian Insurrection by Emma Green
- For insurrectionists, a violent faith brewed from nationalism, conspiracies and Jesus by Jack Jenkins
- Taking the white Christian nationalist symbols at the Capitol riot seriously by Robert P. Jones
- Only the Church Can Truly Defeat a Christian Insurrection by David French
- The Evangelicals: The Struggle to Shape America by Frances Fitzgerald (An amazing history of the evangelical movement in America that helps us understand how we got here.)
- The Roman Road from Insurrection by Russell Moore
What About You?
What are you reading right now? As you consider this work, you can access some of our free resources including a chapter from Angela Denker’s book Red State Christians and Rev. Dr. Fatimah Salleh’s workbook about creating an anti-racist trust team.
Upcoming Learning Experiences
Hybrid Ministry in a Post-Pandemic Church
Mere Science and Christian Faith
Faithful Innovation Summit
Don't Miss an Insight
Get The Faith+Leader delivered directly to your inbox.
Unsubscribe anytime. We'll never rent or share your information.