Faithful Innovation Online Community
October 12, 2021 - May 17, 2022
Over the course of seven months, you and members of your faith
community will discover a Spirit-led way forward—past the noise and beyond the walls that separate us. By activating and encouraging curiosity, you can experiment in a place that’s safe enough to ask hard questions and discover answers that empower and sustain.
BUT WHAT IF YOU HAD THE RIGHT TOOLS, RESOURCES,
AND PEOPLE AROUND YOU TO CHANGE THAT?
NOW YOU CAN!
WHAT HAPPENS IN A FAITHFUL INNOVATION COMMUNITY?
- Congregations become better equipped to hear and follow God’s calling in new and exciting ways
- Deeper connections—with God, each other, and neighbors—are formed and strengthened
- Identify and experience what being “the Church” means in new contexts—giving you and your congregation fresh ways to embody the Good News
- Engage the three key practices (Listen. Act. Share.) that will allow you to faithfully respond to the adaptive challenges facing your church now and in the days ahead
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN YOUR ENROLLMENT
- Pastors Pre-Work Module – A pre-work module is designed specifically for pastors covering the different roles for pastors, guiding teams, and coaches. You will also be equipped to recruit a guiding team from your congregation, select a coach to walk alongside your guiding team, and communicate the process to your congregation.
- Three Online Training Modules – There are three online training modules to teach you and your congregation’s guiding team step-by-step how to engage in the listen, act, and share practices.
- Bi-Weekly Office Hours – In between each training, we’ll tackle your team’s questions and provide guidance to move you forward. If you can’t make it live, you can watch the replay.
- Community, Support, and Accountability – You and your guiding team will have access to an online peer community where you can connect regularly with your cohort members to share your action steps, reflect on your learnings, and share stories of success and failure.
- Faithful innovation tools and resources – You’ll gain access to tools and resources you can use as you engage in a process of faithful innovation.
BUT DON’T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT. HERE’S WHAT PAST MEMBERS HAVE SAID:
It slows you down to LISTEN to God, one another, your neighbors and community and then seek where the Spirit is leading you into an opportunity to minister.
The resources are wonderful. The content is great and the format reshapes our ideas of how we behave as a group of church people coming together to do God's work.
FILC is a Spirit-led way forward, activating, encouraging and liberating curiosity, experimentation, learning, discovery of the Holy Spirit's work embodied in and through the Beloved Community for and with the community.
A FAITHFUL INNOVATION ONLINE COMMUNITY IS DIFFERENT.
Through a dynamic and ecumenical online learning experience, you and your congregation will engage ancient spiritual practices and leading-edge innovation theory as you discover new ways to join God in forming Christian faith in community.
There are three key practices are the heart of this work:
Trace God’s movement in your life and the in the life of your congregation
Use action learning to discover how and where God is leading
Reflect intentionally on your actions
Meet the Instructor
As we continue to navigate the pandemic, job loss, burnout, political upheaval, and white supremacy, one common thread has emerged: there’s a growing disconnect between our churches and peoples’ daily lives. The Faithfull Innovation Online Community is a chance to change that. Here’s what you need to do now to get involved:
After you’ve done that, start to identify four to five people within your congregation to serve on a guiding team. You’ll also want an additional member to serve as a coach, and even consider inviting other pastors in your community to form a network. Faithful innovation is a way of bringing people together, and it starts right now!