Practice being vulnerable with your neighbors by allowing them to serve you.
This practice is for anyone in your congregation who wants a simple way to engage meaningfully with neighbors.
Church leaders generally see themselves as being called to serve others–but the Christian life is one of mutuality and vulnerability, which means that we are called to be served by others as well. This practice allows you to be on the receiving end of hospitality.
- Recognize a need for something simple: a lawn tool, an egg, a cup of milk.
- Ask a neighbor if you can borrow it from them.
- Thank your neighbor.
- Notice how it feels to be served. Write down your reflections and share them with someone.
- See all Faith+Lead’s Breakthrough Practices.
- Download a PDF infographic that walks you through the entire practice (see below).
Upcoming Learning Experiences
Don't Miss an Insight
Get The Faith+Leader delivered directly to your inbox.
Unsubscribe anytime. We'll never rent or share your information.